Meet Your Psychologist
Dr. Courtney Lynn
Throughout my career I have had the opportunity to work in many different settings including schools, primary care centers, hospitals, and many medical specialty clinics. I have experience addressing a variety of concerns including behavior difficulties, anxiety, parenting, stress, and coping with chronic illness. I specialize in parent-based interventions for toddlers and school-age children as well as more individual approaches for pre-teens and adolescents.
In my personal time, I enjoy getting outside hiking, backpacking, and snowboarding with my family and friends. When I’m not attending school sporting events, I like to read, paint, and do puzzles.
You Found The Right Place
Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Mike McMorris Cystic Fibrosis Center, Breathing Institute, Children’s Hospital Colorado
Certifications & Trainings
Certified Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Therapist
Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE)
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
PhD, School Psychology
University of South Florida
Predoctoral Clinical Internship (APA Accredited)
Mailman Center for Child Development
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Psychology (Member of APPIC)
Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Emory University School of Medicine
- Bernstein, R., Lynn, C., Faro, A., Barker, D., & Quittner, A. (2021). Pre-transplant quality of life as an indicator of post-transplant survival in adolescents with cystic fibrosis. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Lynn, C., Lyons, E., & Muther, E. (2021). Delivery of cystic fibrosis psychosocial care across developmental stages. Children’s Health Care. doi: 10.1080/02739615.2021.1993228
- Brodar, K. E., Davis, E. M., Lynn, C., Starr-Glass, L., Lui, J. H. L., Sanchez, J., Delamater, A. M. (2021). Comprehensive psychosocial screening in a pediatric diabetes clinic. Pediatric Diabetes, 22(4), 656-666. doi: 10.1111/pedi.13193
- Lynn, C., Quast, L., Rogers, H., Effinger, K., & Gilleland-Marchak, J. (2020). Systematic review of health literacy in childhood cancer patients, survivors, and their caregivers. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 45(4), 373-385. doi: 10.1093/jpepsy/jsaa009
- Lynn, C., Chenneville, T., Bradley-Klug, K., Walsh, A., Dedrick, R., & Rodriguez, C. (2020). Health knowledge and adherence as predictors of viral burden and CD4 count in youth and young adults with HIV. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 31(4), 457-465. doi: 10.1097/JNC.0000000000000107
- LaRosa, K., Stern, M., Lynn, C., Hudson, J., Reed, D. R., Donovan, K. A., & Quinn, G. P. (2019). Provider perceptions of a patient navigator for adolescents and young adults with cancer. Supportive Care in Cancer, 27(11), 4091-4098. doi: 10.1007/s00520-019-04687-3
- Lynn, C., Chenneville, T., Bradley-Klug, K., Walsh, A., Dedrick, R., & Rodriguez, C. A. (2019). Depression, anxiety, and posttraumatic stress as predictors of immune functioning: Differences between youth with behaviorally and perinatally acquired HIV. AIDS Care, 31(10), 1261-1270. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2019.1587354
- Chenneville, T., Gabbidon, K., Lynn, C., & Rodriguez, C. (2019). Psychological factors related to resilience and vulnerability among youth with HIV in an integrated care setting. AIDS Care, 3(4), 5-11. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2018.1488032
- Silva, M. A., Dillahunt-Aspillaga, C., Patel, N., Garofano, J. S., Martinez, K. M., Lynn, C. A., Rechkemmer, M. B., & Nakase-Richardson, R. (2019). Functional Outcome and Mental Health Symptoms in Military Personnel and Veterans Pursuing Postsecondary Education after Traumatic Brain Injury: A VA TBI Model Systems Study. Rehabilitation Research, Policy, & Education, 33(1), 41-55. doi: 10.1891/2168-66188.8.131.52
- Stern, M., Bleck, J., Ewing, L. J., Davila, E., Lynn, C., Hale, G., & Mazzeo, S. (2018). NOURISH-T: Targeting caregivers to improve health behaviors in pediatric cancer survivors with obesity. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 65(5), e26941. doi: 10.1002/pbc.26941
- Lynn, C., Bradley-Klug, K., Chenneville, T., Walsh, A., Dedrick, R., & Rodriguez, C. A. (2018). Mental health screening in integrated care settings: Identifying rates of depression, anxiety, and posttraumatic stress among youth with HIV. Journal of HIV/AIDS & Social Services, 17(3), 239-245. doi: 10.1080/15381501.2018.1437585
- LaRosa, K., Stern, M., Bleck, J., Lynn, C., Hudson, J., Donovan, K., Reed, D., & Quinn, G. P. (2017). Adolescent and young adult patients with cancer: Perceptions of care. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology, 6(4), 512-518. doi: 10.1089/jayao.2017.0012
- Walsh, A., Wesley, K., Tan, S., Lynn, C., O’Leary, K., Wang, Y., Nguyen, D., Chenneville, T., & Rodriguez, C. (2017). Screening for depression among youth with HIV in integrated care settings. AIDS Care, 29(7), 851-857. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2017.1281878
- Bradley-Klug, K. L., Shaffer-Hudkins, E., Lynn, C., Jeffries DeLoatche, K., & Montgomery, J. (2017). Development and validation of the Health Literacy and Resiliency Scale: Youth version. Journal of Communication in Healthcare, 10, 100-107. doi: 10.1080/17538068.2017.1308689
- Bradley-Klug, K. L., Garofano, J., Lynn, C., Jeffries DeLoatche, K., & Lam, Y. (2015). Returning to school after a concussion: Facilitating problem solving through effective communication. School Psychology Forum, 9(3), 184-198.
- Kelley, M. L., Milletich, R. J., Lewis, R. J., Winstead, B. A., Barraco, C. L., Padilla, M. A., & Lynn, C. (2014). Predictors of perpetration of men’s same-sex partner violence. Violence and Victims, 29(5), 784-796. doi: 10.1891/0886-8708
- Walsh, A., Lynn, C., Wesley, K., O’Leary, K., & Chenneville, T. (2017). Pediatric HIV and Schools. In T. Chenneville (Ed.), A Clinical Guide to Pediatric HIV: Bridging the Gaps Between Research and Practice. New York: Springer.